You may also like:
Eating balanced meals can give you more energy, help keep your body healthy, and help you stay at a good weight. Eat foods from these groups every day:
- Vegetables — Choose dark green and bright red, yellow, and orange veggies.
- Grains — Choose whole grain bread and pasta.
- Meats, Beans, Nuts, and Other Proteins — Choose lean meats. Limit red meats. Remove skin and fat from meat and chicken.
- Fruit — Fresh fruit is best. Drink juice made from 100% fruit.
- Dairy Foods — Choose low-fat and non-fat products. Soy and rice milk can be dairy substitutes. Choose hard cheeses over soft cheeses.
Learn more about balancing your plate, measuring serving sizes, and choosing healthy snacks throughout the day. Download Eating to Feel Your Best. The brochure also includes meal planning ideas.
Traveling is a big part of the holiday season for many people. When travel is loaded with gifts and baggage, through possible wintry weather, and on busy travel dates, it can be especially stressful …
Learn ways in which long-distance caregiving can help your loved ones, whether you are the primary caregiver or providing support as a secondary caregiver.
Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight. BMI is a good indicator of your risk for diseases that can occur when you have extra body fat. The higher your BMI, the higher your risk for …