You may also like:
Eating balanced meals can give you more energy, help keep your body healthy, and help you stay at a good weight. Eat foods from these groups every day:
- Vegetables — Choose dark green and bright red, yellow, and orange veggies.
- Grains — Choose whole grain bread and pasta.
- Meats, Beans, Nuts, and Other Proteins — Choose lean meats. Limit red meats. Remove skin and fat from meat and chicken.
- Fruit — Fresh fruit is best. Drink juice made from 100% fruit.
- Dairy Foods — Choose low-fat and non-fat products. Soy and rice milk can be dairy substitutes. Choose hard cheeses over soft cheeses.
Learn more about balancing your plate, measuring serving sizes, and choosing healthy snacks throughout the day. Download Eating to Feel Your Best. The brochure also includes meal planning ideas.
Discover the health benefits of gardening from growing nutritious food to staying active and clearing your mind while planting, weeding, and watering.
To feel your best, choose healthy meals and snacks. Take charge of the types of food that make it into your home, get prepared, and are served at mealtime. You lead by example when it comes to portion size and balancing your plate …
Parents, grandparents and youngsters cooking together in the kitchen, sharing family recipes and secrets passed from one generation to the next can be the gift that keeps on giving. It’s true that including the kids in cooking meals requires time, patience and …